Experience & Expertise
Patti Shank, PhD, CPT, the president of Learning Peaks, LLC, is a nationally recognized instructional designer/developer, trainer/mentor/instructor, and writer/author with diverse experience working with corporate training, higher education, government, NGOs, and professional development. Her resume is available as a PDF document.
Patti and her team have many years of experience assisting others with analyzing, planning, design, development, and evaluation of classroom, technology-based, and blended learning initiatives. Patti previously spent many years as head of training for a health care organization and taught instructional design and technology at George Washington University and the University of CO, Denver. She has achieved the prestigious CPT designation, is listed in Who’s Who In Instructional Technology, and has won awards for research and design.
Learning Peaks’ project staff includes senior-level instructional designers, developers, technical writers, and graphic artists with a long track record of success. All are dedicated to producing superior results and helping clients use resources wisely. Organizations like Training Media Review, Training Magazine, the eLearning Guild, and Adobe have used Learning Peaks as instructional design advisers.
We have exceptionally strong and widely acknowledged expertise in results-oriented instructional design best practices in an extraordinarily wide range of contexts and content areas. We are information and instructional design practitioners who wrestle with real design challenges every day. Many others who provide information and instructional design advice, workshops, or mentoring aren’t actual practitioners.
We are especially skilled at:
- Determining real instructional and performance support needs
- Using design and technology approaches that maximize resources
- Choosing optimal tools and technologies for teaching and learning
- Selecting high value instructional strategies and media
- Optimizing Web interface design and usability
- Mentoring content experts, instructional designers, trainers, instructors, and faculty. We especially like to help folks gain skills and tools so they no longer need us!